Formal Self-Introduction Letter

Subject : Self Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Yi Da, a student from your effective communication module. In this letter, I will reflect on my educational background, field of interest in the mechanical engineering programme, my communication strength, weakness, uniqueness and the goals I want to achieve by the end of this module.

I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in Mechatronics Engineering in 2019. Thereafter, furthering my studies in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) majoring in mechanical engineering. My interest in the engineering field did not develop until well into my internship in 2019 at a local private company, where I was able to experience actual work for the first time as a mechanical engineer. Over at my internship I met engineers from various fields and I was placed to understudy each of them over the course of 16 weeks. From there I eventually developed passion for the automation field because I loved the whole process behind developing an actual product.

I would describe myself as a person with a lot of empathy, while at the same time unafraid to speak out my thoughts and opinions. I believe that being able to empathize with people allows deeper conversations that are more open and honest, this in return builds trust and respect. Public speaking however, is something that I have yet to master. When standing in front of large crowds, I have trouble piecing sentences together but I believe through experience and practice I will be a better presenter in time to come.

What makes me unique is the standard I have for myself. I tend to be more critical with my work to ensure that I have my best foot forward. Though it can be draining at times, I believe in this approach as it helps me become a better individual.

My goals for this module are to improve my public speaking and writing communication skills as I believe that communication is the key aspect to success. I look forward to further develop my communication skills from this module so as to boost my confidence level which will greatly benefit me in the near future.

Best regards,

Yi Da


Comments

  1. Hi Yi Da, thanking you for sharing your introductory letter, it was pleasant reading it. I admire how self driven your mindset is. I strongly agree that being honest allow us to build trust between individuals. I wish you all the best in achieving your communication goals through this module and I hope to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jun Yang,

      Thankyou for taking your time to read my letter and give me feedback, much appreciated! I too can't wait to know you more through class.

      Best regards,
      Yi Da

      Delete
  2. Dear Yi Da,

    Thank you for writing this introductory letter. I am able to understand more about you through your sharing. The structure of the introductory letter was well organised, meeting what was required for the scope. One comment would be "From there I eventually developed passion ...", it could be " From then on, I eventually developed passion...".

    Overall, your introductory letter was concise and what needs to be elaborated was clear for the reader to understand. I hope you will meet your goals that you wanna achieve and overcome your shortcomings on public speaking. Looking forward to having more interactions with you in class.

    Best regards,

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marcus,

      Thank you for taking your time to comment and give me feedback. I have taken your advice into consideration. Much appreciated!

      Best regards,
      Yi Da

      Delete
  3. Dear Yi Da,

    Thank you for this clearly articulated and informative letter. You do a fine job covering the scope of the assignment while detailing your educational background, internship and personal traits then connecting those to your study interest and communication skills. This reflection also flows well and has effective concrete detail; it shows accuracy in terms of language use with only a few areas to consider:

    1. sentence structure
    -- Thereafter, furthering my studies in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) majoring in mechanical engineering. > (fragment) ?

    -- ...that are more open and honest, this in return builds trust and respect. > (comma splice) ?

    2. punctuation issue
    -- When standing in front of large crowds, I have trouble piecing sentences together but I believe through experience and practice I will be a better presenter in time to come. > (separate clauses by commas)
    When standing in front of large crowds, I have trouble piecing sentences together, but I believe through experience and practice, I will be a better presenter in time to come.

    -- I look forward to further develop my communication skills from this module so as to boost my confidence level which will greatly benefit me in the near future. > ?

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Brad Blackstone,

      Thank you for taking your time to comment and for the advice you gave. I will make the necessary amendments. Much appreciated!

      Best regards,
      Yi Da

      Delete

Post a Comment